Guide to Mailing Inclusions
It is extremely important that you read this
document fully and follow all instructions.
Please note while we are accepting orders for design reservations, we are temporarily not accepting inclusion packages as we prepare for our designer's maternity leave. We will resume accepting inclusions packages for creation after Kelly has returned from leave in June 2017. ** Click here for more detailed information.
Our mailing address is soon going to be updated to a P.O. Box address! It will be listed here in June. If you have any questions regarding shipping inclusions after reading this document, please send an inquiry including your order number to us at SacredLegacyArts@gmail.com.
You must mail your inclusions within SIX WEEKS of placing your order*. Failure to do so may result in voiding your original order in exchange for a store credit that can be used to re-order at your convenience. Please note that if we no longer carry your original design you will be unable to re-order it.
FOR PACKAGING AND LABELING ALL INCLUSIONS
- Write your order number on the outside of your package. This is a very important step for inclusions package processing.
- DO NOT send us the last of any materials you have such as ashes, hair, or even the last of your milk.
- A bubble lined envelope is ideal for all types of inclusions. We highly recommend purchasing tracking.
- DO NOT send registered mail requiring a signature upon delivery. Your package will likely be returned to you for reshipment as we cannot make special trips to the post office for package retrieval.
- Clearly label your return address on the package.
- Double bag your inclusions. Triple bag milk. Bag each inclusion item separately if sending multiple types of elements, however same elements do not need to be bagged separately for multiple pieces.
- Mark your name and order number clearly on ALL your bagged items. When double and triple bagging, please write your name and order number on EACH bag.
- Also include the following information:
- Design(s) being created, and which inclusions for each design
- Design specifics such as fleck/shimmer color for each design
- Ring size(s)
- Metal type/color for all settings and findings for each design
A NOTE ABOUT HANDMADE JEWELRY:
Every piece of jewelry is made individually by hand. This means that no two pieces will ever be the same. Textures, colors, amounts used, and other factors all go in to how each individual piece turns out. By ordering through Sacred Legacy Arts you have chosen to have a handmade piece and you may see evidence of that in your jewelry. Common variations in handmade DNA resin jewelry include small air bubbles, molding lines and seams, variations in placements, and evidence of hand shaping and molding parts of your jewelry. Very rarely is there uniform "perfection" in handmade resin work, and to invest in SLA jewelry is to invest in handmade and all the variations that may come with your piece.
INCLUSION - SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS
- Two capsules OR
- 1-2 teaspoons of dehydrated and ground placenta powder
- We only work with dehydrated and ground placenta powder from the encapsulation process. Please do not send frozen or raw placenta. We recommend consulting a professional encapsulator to preserve placenta, however you can find instructions for dehydrating placenta yourself online.
- Remaining placenta powder will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the last of your placenta powder.
- One ounce (30ml) is ideal, however 10-15 ml of milk will suffice for the majority of our designs.
- If sending multiple person's milk, make sure their names are clearly labeled on the appropriate milk bag.
- Milk storage bags are best. If using ziplock bags, please triple bag and tape shut. Storage containers such as bottles are unnecessary, however should you send one please note it will not be returned.
- When shipping breastmilk from within the United States you will need to declare the package as containing liquid if asked. You should not need to do anything else for shipping purposes and you do not need to specify that you are shipping breastmilk.
- Your milk does not need to be frozen or kept cool. Please send pre-thawed milk otherwise condensation may damage your package and other inclusions.
- Remaining breastmilk will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the last of your milk.
- One half of an umbilical stump is enough for a single piece.
- Only send dried umbi stumps or part of a dehydrated cord.
- Stumps are ground in the studio for inclusion into your piece.
- Remaining umbilical stump will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the entirety of your umbilical stump.
- One teaspoon is needed per design.
- Any ashes not utilized in your design will be returned with your jewelry.
- For ashes especially, please do not send us all that you have.
- A small lock of hair at least 1" long is required to make a single piece of keepsake jewelry.
- Tie each lock together with string before bagging.
- Remaining hair will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the entirety of your hair element.
- Any other natural elements such as dried flower petals, fabric, sand or soil can simply be bagged and appropriately labeled. Please note that flowers can very rarely be left whole during the creation process.
- Remaining elements will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the all of your elements.
Sacred Legacy Arts cannot be held responsible for post office loss either on the way to us or for your jewelry being sent home. Please keep some of your inclusions at home with you and do not send everything you have.
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
- It is very important that you include a note within your milk, ash or hair inclusion package that states: "Of Human Origin. For therapeutic use only."
- It is illegal to send into the United States milk of ANIMAL origin such as cow or goat milk. It is not illegal to send human milk.
- You must mark the item as a "gift" with the value being $1 on your customs form.
- It is illegal to sell or purchase breastmilk, however a "gift" is not considered a purchase.
- Declare any inclusion as "jewelry making material" on the customs form.
- For hair you may write "hair", for ashes you may write "ash", and for placenta simply write "capsule for jewelry making".
- Sacred Legacy Arts is not responsible for any of your country's customs fees for having merchandise imported into your country. Any additional shipping fees or customs fees that your country places on your package is your responsibility to manage. We cannot mark your customs form on the jewelry package as a "gift," because it is merchandise that you have purchased and to do so is illegal in the USA.
INCLUSIONS PACKAGE DELIVERY & PROCESSING
We process packages once weekly, and we will email you the day it is processed. We do not process packages into the studio every day. If your tracking number indicates that package has been delivered and we do not email you the same day, please do not be alarmed - you should hear from us within one work week. If your package has been marked as delivered and you do not hear from us within 7 business days please email an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org including your order number. Please carefully watch for this email - if it is marked as "*Reply Required" we have additional clarifications to make before putting your order in queue for creation. If you fail to reply to this email within 72 hours, we reserve the right to use artistic discretion in order to proceed with your design.
Our current turnaround time is available in our FAQ section. Be mindful of our turnaround time when emailing for updates on your jewelry. We thank you for your patience and understanding that this is individually hand crafted jewelry and such precious work takes time.
We cannot provide updates while your piece is in queue or being created. All orders ship the same week they are finished.
You will receive an email with a tracking number when your completed jewelry has shipped. Please note you receive this email when your design has been packaged, not when it has been delivered to the post office. Please allow five business days for the tracking information to update after you receive your shipment email. International customers can expect your packaged design to be delivered to the post office within ten (10) business days - we are unable to provide international orders with shipment tracking, however you will receive an email to inform you of shipment.
We are honored that you have entrusted us with your precious keepsake inclusions. We look forward to playing a role in helping you memorialize this part of your journey. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.