Guide to Mailing Inclusions
It is extremely important that you read this
document fully and follow all instructions.
All orders placed must mail inclusions within six weeks of placing an order. Failure to do so may result in voiding your original order in exchange for a store credit that can be used to re-order at your convenience. All pending orders and credits expire 12 months from the date of your original purchase. Please also visit our Shop Policies page to review all policies, terms and conditions the customer has agreed to by placing an order with Sacred Legacy Arts.
Our mailing address is as follows:
Sacred Legacy Arts
P.O. Box 1360
South Bend, IN 46624
Please note: the above address is still valid even though the studio was moved to Michigan. South Bend is on the border of IN & MI. When the PO box is changed to a MI post office, this address will be updated and mail forwarding will be in effect.
How Much Should I Send?
- Two capsules OR
- 1-2 teaspoons of dehydrated and ground placenta powder
- We only work with dehydrated and ground placenta powder from the encapsulation process.
- Remaining placenta powder will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the last of your placenta powder.
- One ounce (30ml) is ideal, however 10-15 ml of milk will suffice for the majority of our designs. Milk frozen for any amount of time is fine for jewelry creation.
- Triple bag milk inclusions for shipment. The USPS recommends twist-top closures for liquids, twist-top breastmilk storage bags are ideal.
- When shipping breastmilk from within the United States you will need to declare the package as containing liquid if asked and write "LIQUID" on the package. You do not need to specify that you are shipping breastmilk.
- Breastmilk does not need to be frozen or kept cool. Please send pre-thawed milk otherwise condensation may damage your package and other inclusions.
- Remaining breastmilk will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the last of your milk.
- One half of an umbilical stump is enough for a single piece.
- Stumps are ground in the studio for inclusion into your piece.
- Remaining umbilical stump will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the entirety of your umbilical stump.
- One teaspoon is per design is ideal. Less can be utilized in smaller designs, please email us if you have questions or concerns.
- Any ashes not utilized in your design will be returned with your jewelry.
- For ashes especially, please do not send us all that you have.
- A lock of hair 1" long is ideal to make a single piece of keepsake jewelry, however not required - please email us if you have questions or concerns.
- Tie each lock together with string before bagging.
- Remaining hair will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the entirety of your hair element.
- Any other natural elements such as dried flower petals, fabric, sand or soil can simply be bagged and appropriately labeled.
- Remaining elements will not be returned after creation - please do not send us the all of your elements.
Sacred Legacy Arts cannot be held responsible for post office loss either on the way to us or for your jewelry being sent home. Please keep some of your inclusions at home with you and do not send everything you have.
It is critical to include all of the following information - please review carefully.
- Place a printout of your order confirmation, or copy order information by hand and place in a separate plastic bag to prevent damage.
- Double bag all inclusions. Triple bag milk, ideally in a twist-top container. Please include:
- Your name on each bag
- Order number(s) on each bag
- Design(s) being created, and which inclusions are to be used for each design
- Design specifics for each design
- Ring size(s)
- Metal type/color for all settings and findings for each design
Please note that all design choices made in the online order are considered "final" - no adjustments can be made to your order once it has been placed. Orders placed that fail to indicate design choices will be subject to complete artistic discretion. Any discrepancies between written instructions and the online order instructions will also be subject to artistic discretion.
Packaging & Shipment
- DO NOT send your package via FedEx or UPS. They are unable to deliver to P.O. Boxes and your package will be returned to you for reshipment. We recommend the United State Postal Service for domestic packages.
- Write your order number(s) on the outside of your package. Please also clearly label your name and return address.
- A bubble lined envelope is ideal for all types of inclusions. Please do not send large boxes.
- We highly recommend purchasing shipment tracking.
- It is very important that you include a note within your milk, ash or hair inclusion package that states: "Of human origin. For therapeutic use only." It is illegal to send milk of ANIMAL origin such as cow or goat milk into the United States, however it is not illegal to send human milk.
- Declare any inclusion as "jewelry making material" on the customs form.
- You must mark the item as a "gift" with the value being $1 on your customs form. It is illegal to sell or purchase breastmilk, however a "gift" is not considered a purchase.
- Sacred Legacy Arts is not responsible for any customs fees for having merchandise imported into your country. Any additional shipping fees or customs fees that your country places on your package is your responsibility to manage. We cannot mark your customs form on the jewelry package as a "gift," because it is merchandise that you have purchased and to do so is illegal.
It's labeled and shipped! Now what?
We process inclusion packages once weekly, and we will email you the day it is processed. Please carefully watch for this email - if it is marked as "Reply Required" we have additional clarifications to make before putting your order in queue for creation. If you fail to reply to this email within 72 hours, we reserve the right to use artistic discretion in order to proceed with your design.
If your tracking number indicates that package has been delivered and we do not email you the same day, please do not be alarmed - you should hear from us within one work week. If your package has been marked as delivered and you do not hear from us within 7 business days please email an inquiry to email@example.com including your order number.
Our current turnaround time is available in our FAQ section. Be mindful of our turnaround time when emailing for updates on your jewelry. We thank you for your patience and understanding that this is individually hand crafted jewelry and such precious work takes time.
You will receive an email with a tracking number when your completed jewelry has shipped. Please note you receive this email when your design has been packaged, not when it has been delivered to the post office. Please allow five business days for the tracking information to update after you receive your shipment email. International customers can expect your packaged design to be delivered to the post office within ten (10) business days - we are not always able to provide international orders with shipment tracking, however you will receive an email to inform you of shipment.
We are honored that you have entrusted us with your precious keepsake inclusions. We look forward to playing a role in helping you memorialize this part of your journey. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.